Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bass Pro Vacation

This past February I was fortunate enough to be able to take a little trip with my parents down to Fort Worth, TX to visit my aunt.  On the way home we deviated off the beaten track and cut across to Springfield, MO and stopped at the Bass Pro Shop.  I know, I know, its like the "Man's Mall" but I could have easily spent all day in there taking pictures of all the cool mounts.

I think one of my absolute favorite pictures is the one of Mom with the Bass Pro bear on the bench ...


These next few pics are of different mounts they have displayed in the store ...




















This was one of many live alligator gar that they had swimming in one of the tanks.  I had mom stand next to it so you could see just how big these things can get.

I also enjoyed this peeking bear, peeking in the window of one of the store fronts ...

These are just a small handful of the pictures I had taken there, but are some of my favorites.  I can't show you them all, I need to save some for you, so you can take your own vacation there.  Even if you don't enjoy fishing or hunting, its still a place to check out just for all the cool wildlife mounts they have.  So the next time you find yourself traveling and you are in Missouri, swing in to Springfield and check out the Bass Pro Shop, you won't be disappointed.

Until next time ...
Sara

 


3 comments:

~mel said...

That was a fun trip - for you and Dad. I was miserable with the dang Shingles ~ stupid chicken pox that had to resurface at the most inconvenient time. BUT ~ you really did make the trip a lot more fun than if it would have been just your Dad with me:) Love ya! I can't wait to take another road trip with you!!P.S. I love how you used me as a comparison to the size of a gar!! LOL

Cher' Shots said...

So happy you got your blog up and running with all the kinks worked out. Great post today! I'm looking forward to many many more!
'love & hugs from afar'

Dar said...

Isn't that place amazing? We actually were there during the remodel and a lot of the mounts were in temporary locations. A lot of it was closed to the public but I asked if I could video some of it for my Dad who would never see it otherwise. They gave us a personal tour, along with one pro photographer that was doing a piece for their brochure.
It was pretty cool to see what no one else had seen. Love BassPro
BlessYaKiddo and WELCOME BACK