Sunday, August 11, 2013

Denver Days Car Show

Yesterday dear hubby and I took a little ride to Denver, IN to partake in the Denver Days Festival.  Denver isn't a big town by any means.  It's home to maybe a little over 500 people, which I think made it the perfect festival.  I have never been a huge fan of big crowds which is why I say this was perfect!!! 

They had a nice little parade that circles the small town, venders set up on main street, carnival rides for the kids and one of my favorites was a classic car show set up in the field behind the carnival.  The whole community shows up for this yearly event and I was enjoying all of it.

I took pictures of just about every car in the show, which I would like to share with you.  I know Jack from Shipslog will love these, as he posts classic cars at the end of every one of his blogs.  I always look forward to what kind of car it will be that day!


I will try to list descriptions on as many as I can remember.


'29 Dodge Victory


'29 Ford Model A

'37 Dodge

 '46 Chrystler

'54 Chevy BelAir

'69 Camaro SS  with 350hp roarin' under that hood!  (Can you tell it was one of my favorites?) lol

 This is under the hood on the '69 Camaro, all chromed out and blue LEDs running around the engine.  Pure muscle running under this hood.  This guy put a lot of time and money into his car.  Granted, the chrome and the lights don't make this "classic" but it sure was pretty!!!!

'69 VW Maxi Taxi

'71 VW Beetle

'78 Lil Red Express
  
327 Impala SS

350 Camaro SS  I believe this was a '68

396 Chevelle SS

BelAir

Biscayne
















Ok, I know I am going on photo overload so I will have to split this up between a couple of posts.  I hope I remembered correctly on most of the descriptions, if not, please correct me and let me know. 

Until next time ...
Sara

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I always want a favorite, but with cars, WOW that is hard. But the 37 Dodge pickup would be a joy to have. I love art, I enjoy painting of animals and landscapes but Automobiles are an art to themselves. Of course someone has put their hearts into these making them even more of a joy. Thanks for posting.

I have no idea what it is, but an old car makes me smile. I saw an A model today in front of a Lutheran Church and decided to change my religion.!!!!!

((HUGS)) from the farm country of OHIO

~mel said...

I love those old cars too:) I had to chuckle at Jack's comment about the Model A in front of the Lutheran church.

Dicky Bird said...

Neat! I like the Camaro or Impala.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the 29 FORD Model A.